Sunday 8 January 2012

Thank you, Lutz Ludwig Kramer!

Time for a quick update. On Tuesday evening I rang Lutz Ludwig Kramer in Germany to interview him for the book. Lutz, a founder member of Agitation Free, Walpurgis and later a solo artist, very patiently took the time to discuss post-war Berlin, his teenage memories, the music scene in late '60s Berlin (including the famous Zodiak Free Arts Lab), the Beat Studio where both Agitation Free and Manuel Gottsching practiced and perfected their craft, seeing Ash Ra Tempel live and reconnecting with Manuel after many years.
Lutz felt it was important to credit Mr. Ashra with encouraging him to relaunch his musical career and had this to say: "Manuel was always nice, not a selfish person at all and he's not an ego shooter like everybody else on the scene. He's a gentleman and he's one of the most modest guys I've ever met. Period."

I would like to thank Lutz for taking almost an hour out of his time to speak to me and for his patience in helping to fine tune my work over a number of follow-up e-mails. His latest project is with his band, MERCYSTREET, and I look forward to hearing their music in the not too distant future. I wish him every luck with this. Keep an eye out for the CD, which should be coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment